Good news for your tired fingers!
Mailing several lists of students or a selection of students is now made more efficient.
How does it work?
1. Go to Send bulk email (in Applications or Students).
2. Add a list to the recipients by selecting it and clicking Add selected list.
Note that selecting a list will also load all the students it contains, allowing you to select and add students one at a time with the button Add selected student.
3. Repeat step 2 until the list of recipients is complete.
4. Complete the body of your mail specify the other needed settings and hit the send button!
When adding an header image to a document, setting its width to 915 pixels will result in a ‘neat’ A4 export.
The image settings are displayed after double-clicking it:
[The language of the text editor interface depends on your browser’s settings. ]
Set Receive daily updates (in Admin settings > Email settings) to YES to receive a daily mail including an overview of new applicants, new submitted applications and updated website pages.
(This overview also includes updates on student stories and frequently asked questions, functions that are less common.)
The option Link course to students, found in the list options overview displayed when clicking the magnifying glass next to a list name, allows you to link a course to a whole list of students with a single click.
The programme’s courses are displayed alphabetically and for each course, the respective cohort is displayed:
Make sure you link a list of students to a course that matches the students’ curriculum
(e.g. linking a cohort 2017 student to a course linked to 2011 doesn’t make a lot of sense).
You can now include the number of students in a certain list on a form.
To do so, create a message field and include [list_LISTID], replacing LISTID by the id of the list of students/applicants. (You can find this number in any list url, for example https://econsort.ugent.be/admin_index.asp?act=my_list2&id=8679.)
Example of a message description:
Number of students attending the reception: [list_8679]
Number of students attending the reception: 19
[This can be an interesting option when you’re working with fieldrules (Settings > Fieldrules), a function that allows you to automatically put a student in a list based on the choice field option selected by that student.]
You can restrict the students visible in a report that you apply by setting the value Restriction in the report settings:
- no student will display the people whose status hasn’t been updated to student yet (= both submitted and unsubmitted applications)
- student will display the people whose statuses have been updated to student
- submitted application will only display the people who have submitted their application
- unsubmitted application will display the people who haven’t submitted yet
It is now possible to browse the students in a list that has been copied to the memory. This can be done by using the previous/next button to the right of the copied list:
(Note: copying a list to the memory allows you to easily switch between the files of a list of students.)